As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another publisher for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text employs italics for foreign phrases, and bold for emphasis rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- If the book will be accepted for publication, the Authors will sign and send to the Publisher the Publishing Agreement.
- The Authors will also sign and send to the Publisher the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest (downloadable here).
Authors who publish in this platform agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this website.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the publisher’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it as a chapter in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this platform. The Publishing Agreement, provided by the editorial staff, should be signed by the Authors and sent to the Publisher when the book has been accepted for publication in this platform.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).
- Authors are permitted to post their work online after publication (the book must link to publisher version, in html format)